Monday, December 13, 2004

The effects of coffee

Every once in a while, I try to break the stranglehold that caffeine has on my life. Often, the results are horrifying. Take yesterday. I awoke at 6:30 to read the paper, but by 9 started feeling sluggish, sleepy and blah. So I went back to bed. Later, the wife and I went out and did some shopping in the city, and I carried just the slightest of headaches, but that with each passing hour morphed into a pulsating, nausea-inducing brain attack. Had to skip out on dinner and a Yo La Tengo concert, stumbled into bed, and did not emerge until this morning. Sad, but true.

No caffeine yet today, but still blah. So we'll see.

The people of Starbucks are to blame, of course. Damn crack-coffee.

Permalink posted by Jonathan : 1:42 PM



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?