Sunday, April 17, 2005

Deep Jungle must die!

You have to be wondering what the good folks at PBS are thinking. If you haven't noticed, perhaps this will jolt you: For the past week or so, on the NYT's, WaPo's and Salon's website, tarantulas have been crawling across the screen, bats fluttering around and a near-impossible to close floater box has been informing people of PBS's super-great Nature program about, I guess, the Deep Jungle (It's tonight, in case you haven't been informed).

Some of you may know that I did an article recently on the floater phenomenon. It's pretty clear that this is becoming one of the preferred choices of web advertisers, in light of pop-up blockers and whatnot, but what I find interesting is that the NYT's head of digital told me in an interview that there's a limit to the number of times these things are inflicted (like, once a week) on individual users. I don't think that's the case any more. Every day, now I see a damn spider crawling across my screen.

IF you want to see an example of what I'm talking about, click here. The spider or the bats or a tiger scratching the screen comes up every time, and at least on my browser, there's not way of getting rid of it unless I hit F11.

Permalink posted by Jonathan : 8:35 AM



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?