Monday, April 02, 2007

Ware story crumbling?

This morning, CNN's Soledad O'Brien asked Ware point-blank about the alleged "laughing and mocking" tale that Drudge was peddling about him yesterday. Ware replied (according to a "rough" Power Line transcription):

I did not heckle the senator. Indeed, I didn't say a word. I didn't even ask a question. In fact, when I raised my hand to ask a question, the press conference abruptly ended, so what I would suggest is that anyone who has any queries about whether I heckled, watch the videotape of the press conference.


That's about as forceful a denial as one could get. One would assume that CNN has the videotape; I think it might be worthwhile for CNN to slap it up on the website and let us decide whether there was any "heckling."

Permalink posted by Jonathan : 8:32 AM



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?