Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Deep in the Weeds

I don't really want to get in the middle of an inter-blog flame war, but I'll just note that Tom Maguire called another blogger essentially a coward for -- and I am not kidding here -- failing to directly link to a post of his (and instead sending his readers to another blogger who links to the original, brilliant Maguire post.) 

I told you it was stupid.

So Maguire whines: 'He's prepared to call "bullshit', but not to my face - what's missing in his response to my argument is any link at all to me. He's a bold one! Fortunately, my spies are everywhere..."

Well then. Rules are rules, and who am I to question? Anyway, it's late and I'm going to bed .... but wait, what about this section at the end of Maguire's post.

And here is Atrios, who apparently is still blogging:

I'm so old I can remember when everyone would tell me that Tom Maguire was a "reasonable conservative."

That old? I feel bad for the guy.


Ha! Of course, what's missing from that passage, which is now almost two days old, is an actual link to that Atrios quip. So if I understand the rules right, Maguire didn't just slip up and leave out a link to Atrios, he's actually a complete coward who can't bring himself to say such a thing to his virtual face. Do I have this right? Is Maguire really this stupid?

Permalink posted by Jonathan : 1:48 AM



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?